The Itgel Foundation is seeking a short-term Research Assistant/Translator for a trip next month to Hovsgol aimag. We are seeking a fluent Mongolian/English speaker with an interest in one or more of the following disciplines: veterinary medicine, biology, animal husbandry, agriculture, health. Students are encouraged to apply.
The position will involve assisting one of Itgel's visiting research scientists on a trip to Tsagaan Nuur soum, Hovsgol aimag to work with the Tsaatan and Darhad communities on an ongoing health project investigating tick-borne diseases, zoonotic disease transmission, and human-animal health trends. Information on the project is available at www.itgel.org
Ideal candidates should meet the following qualifications:
- Excellent English and Mongolian language abilities and oral translation experience
- Background or interest in one of the disciplines named above
- Ability to travel in the countryside for up to 1 month, in challenging conditions
- Ability to ride a horse for up to 10 hours per day
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Full-time availability between April 15 and May 17, 2009.
To apply, please send a brief statement of inquiry and a copy of your CV/resume to email@example.com by April 5. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please pass this information along to anyone you know who may be interested in this position.